Many relationships do not work out, but some couples are able to treat each other with love and respect for the long haul.
Some TFP counselors shared who couples they find inspiring are.
- “My parents. They’ve been together 45 years, since they were 17 and 18. They talk about everything and never go to bed angry.”
- The Obamas. “They’re always considerate of each other. They seem happy to be together and supportive of each other. They do a lot of little things for each other.”
- “My grandparents. They’ve been together 65 years. My grandma always says their secret is good communication.”
- “My parents. They have separate passions and they support each other’s passions. They’ve been together 35 years.”
- “My aunt and uncle. They just celebrated their 52nd They have eight kids, four biological and four adopted. They’ve been through a lot, and have remained resilient through the tough stuff.”
- “Will and Jada Pinkett Smith. Their relationship has survived despite the intense pressure of fame and success.”
What couples do you know that inspire you? If you don’t know any personally, is there a famous couple you think models what a healthy relationship looks like?
Time Magazine compiled a list of the most inspiring celebrity relationships of all time. On the list are couples like Rita Wilson and Tom Hanks, and Meryl Streep and Dom Gummer. Check it out here.